The Shockerdile Tales...
...is a collection of 16 children's poems by Nicholas Trumble available here as an audiobook download for just £2.50 - great value fun for all the family, 54 minutes of rhyming entertainment. In addition we have included the fabulous poem The Walrus and the Carpenter by Lewis Carroll.
Listen to a sample here
- Aunty Moo’s Widget - this poem was inspired by my sister who is Aunty Moo to my children.
- Barney the Barn Owl - inspired by a horrific episode of Springwatch.
- The Walrus and the Carpenter - by Lewis Carroll from Through the Looking Glass
- The Three Billy Goats of Gruff - my version of the old children’s classic.
- Peter Piper Unpacks His Trunk - inspired by my Mother-in-Law’s response to nose-picking children.
- Never Run From a Polar Bear - from a story a young boy told his mum, which she then told me.
- Rodney Port - probably my reaction to enforced P.E. lessons at school.
- Josh & The Shockerdile - inspired by the fertile imagination of my youngest son when he was about three.
- The Evolution of the Long-Necked Mottled Brown and Yellow Horse - Giraffes are just mad.
- Froggy things to avoid
- The Princess & The Pea - the classic tale of a spoilt child retold.
- The Big Bad Wolf & The Three Little Pigs - how to turn a wolf vegetarian.
- Goldilocks gets an ASBO - a modern take on the three bears story.
- Mrs Dickens’ Chickens - beware the golden rule
- The Moony’s Out - about my old cat who was the most efficient rodent killer.
- Aliens Don’t Like Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream Or Noisy Children - well who does?
- Annie Anaconda to Zoe the Zebra - an alphabet poem just for the fun of rhyming which you might like to illustrate.